The new Ortofon Xpression High-End cartridge
The state of the art product, the Ortofon Xpression represents a combination of three elements very characteristic for Ortofon:
- The cutting edge SLM materials technology pioneered by MC A90 and SPU 90th Anniversary
- Modification of the generator system introduced with the MC A90 and the MC Windfeld
- Ortofon design tradition
The Xpression cartridge bridges the gap between SPU-type cartridges and High-End cartridges like the MC A90 and the MC Windfeld designed for headshell mounting. The result is a high-performance moving coil cartridge with the convenience of a standard headshell connector, which provides a simple and elegant method of directly connecting the generator and tonearm via the Xpression’s one-piece body.
Since the cartridge length is identical to that of an SPU, the Xpression can easily be fitted onto tonearms without additional concern for proper alignment. The cartridge height is likewise identical to the SPU height, which makes further VTA adjustments unnecessary.
The length of the cartridge ensures proper match with the SME-mount type tonearms, e.g. SME, Grace, Fidelity Research, SAEC and Micro Seiki brands. Additionally, the mass and compliance properties of the Xpression ensure that a proper match will be achieved with any SPU-compatible arm.
For more information please follow the links:
- Design and manufacturing, see the video
- Stylus protection guard. See How to unlock the Xpression
- Neodymium magnet and damping
- Diamond and Coil technology
- Setup, maintenance and service
- Technical specifications